Meritxell Martell is member of the Conference Management Committee of RICOMET 2016, the Second International Conference on Risk Perception, Communication and Ethics of Exposures to Ionising Radiation which will be held from 1st to 3rd of June in Bucharest, Romania.
RICOMET 2016 is organised under the auspices of 4 Euratom Projects and intends to continue the dialogue started by RICOMET 2015 on social and ethical issues, as well as encourage stakeholder and public participation in nuclear science, technology and innovation.
- EAGLE: Enhancing Education, Training And Communication Processes For Informed Behaviors And Decision-Making Related To Ionizing Radiation Risks
- OPERRA: Open Project for the European Radiation Research Area
- CONCERT: European Joint Programme for the Integration of Radiation Protection Research
- PLATENSO: Platform for Enhanced Societal Research related to nuclear energy in Central and Eastern Europe
The focal points of this year’s conference are:
- Creating a Strategic Research Agenda on Social Sciences and Humanities in Radiation Protection,
- Policy making related to different applications of ionizing radiation.