International Socio-technical challenges for implementing geological disposal (InSOTEC) 2011-2014
InSOTEC is a research project within the 7th EURATOM Framework Programme which aims to identify and clarify socio-technical challenges related to geological disposal and make concrete suggestions to the Implementing Geological Disposal Technology Platform (IGD-TP) on how to set priorities for a multidisciplinary research agenda that addresses socio-technical challenges in a coherent and integrated way.
- Journal article by Martell, M. and Van Berendoncks, K. (2015) “Integrating societal concerns into research and development (R&D) on geological disposal at the national level” Mineralogical Magazine, November 2015, 79 (6) 1563-1571.
- Final report “Addressing the long-term management of high-level and long-lived nuclear wastes as a socio-technical problem: insights from InSOTEC”
- Topical report: “Reflecting on the Implementing Geological Disposal Technology Platform as a knowledge network and potential scenarios for stakeholder involvement”
- Topical report: “Investigating the potential for integrating social aspects in technical research and development (R&D) in geological disposal”
- Topical report: “Integrating societal concerns into research and development (R&D) on geological disposal at the national level”
Client: European Commission / DG Research & Innovation FP7
Coordinator: University of Antwerp
More information: : www.insotec.eu